Sacred India Retreat 2023
Breathe-in sacred India's Ancient Temples and Prayer Caves, Sacred Ashrams and Vibrant Spiritual Communities - all while Enjoying Ayurvedic Massage, Gentle Yoga and Meditation!
Time & Location
Nov 05, 2023, 4:00 PM GMT+5:30 – Nov 14, 2023, 11:00 AM GMT+5:30
Arunachala, Tamil Nadu 606753, India
About the Trip/Retreat
On this magical trip we will visit 3 holy places - all within the state of Tamil Nadu, South India. In each location we will have the opportunity to relax and get an Ayurvedic massage as well as go on special guided tours of local temples, ashrams, sacred caves and spiritual communities - spending 3 to 4 days in each location. It is a divine triangle of towns:
- Mahabalipuram on the beach - home to the famous and well-preserved Shore Temple of 725 A.D. and the enchantingly prayerful cave temples hidden thoughout the town's rock-faced hills.
- Tiruvannamalai inland - the home of Ramana Ashram, the sacred mountain of Arunachala and the belated sage Ramana Maharshi
- Auroville - a coastal international community of over 3000 people trying to live a conscious as well as practical life in harmony in order to inspire the world. They are at the forefront of many educational, ecological and creative experiments. Their spiritual as well as intellectual inspiration comes from the belated Shri Aurobindu and Mother Mirra.
Truly the most ancient and sacred land, India is a place where you must first get lost in its chaos, beauty and novelty in order to then find yourself completely renewed. Being well-guided and remainining grounded and nurtured during your travels is essential. It is easy to become exhausted while traveling in India and for this reason you will have an equal balance of travel, activities, rest and ayurvedic treatments. You will also have the guidance of Jill Michelle Palmer, trip organizer who has lived and travelled in India for 11 years. She has not only already lived in all of the places which you will be traveling, she has special community contacts on the ground and many local and historical insights to share!
Included in price:
- All ground transportation between towns and sites
- Transportation to and from Chennai/MAA airport
- Accomodation during the 9 nights of the Sacred India trip in comfortable 3-4 star hotels with aircon.
- all guides/entrance fees to sites
- yoga, pranayama and meditation on non-roadtravel days
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, non-alcholic drinks
Participant is responsible for:
- Airfare to/from CHENNAI/ MAA Airport
- Spa/Massages/Bodywork services
- Travel insurance at own option
Passport/Visa Requirements: Currently, travelers do not require a self-declaration form. However, all travelers must still adhere to visa requirements and have a current passport that will not expire for at least 6 months.
- India e-Tourist Visa: For travelers who wish to explore India for tourism purposes.
- Visa Checker Tool to check which visa you may need according to your nationality
- Valid passport (your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your landing date)
- Your approved Indian Visa
- Flight itinerary
- Hotel itinerary (I will provide you a copy)
- Healthcare/Travel insurance optional
- Migratory authorities at the port of entry may request to see proof of your return ticket
- No testing or proofs required, temperature may be taken
- Detailed information can be found at the https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html
What to Bring:
It is a beautiful time of the year! Rainy season is on and off and lush green green vegetation surrounds you in moderate summer-like temperatures.
- Passport, tickets, money, phone, charger
- Yoga mat
- Light cotton clothing is best for the humid tropics. Long pants and sleeves protect from mosquitos. There are plenty of weather-appropriate outfits for sale in India as well!
- Your favorite mosquito repellent - they come out at dusk and dawn. You can also buy in India
- Comfortable walking shoes or comfortable walking sandles
- Refillable Water Bottle (Accomodations are provided with high-quality purified drinking water by the gallon)
- Hat and favorite sunblock
- Arrive with empty space in your luggage -- there are wonderful crafts, clothes and gifts for sale everywhere!
- We will make a special trip for you to get rupees at an ATM on our first full day of activities!
Your Host, Guide and Instructor
Jill Michelle Palmer is an Ayurvedic Practitioner and Certified E-RYT500 Yoga Teacher. She has traveled and lived in India for 11 years and is familiar with the language, culture, practices and religions of the area as well as the beautiful history of the sites you will visit. With her trip-organizing experience and local insights you are in for an enlightening journey!
*Do not attend this retreat if you are shielding yourself from airborne illnesses
Cancellation policy and terms
It is understandable that sometimes things come up or plans change and one must cancel. This must be balanced against the financial and organizational realities of programming a retreat. Many aspects of the organizer's booking duties are nonrefundable. With this in mind, please notify Mudra Wellness/Jill Michelle Palmer asap of cancellation via the fastest way - the mudrawellness.com CHAT button.
All fully paid cancellation notifications received by midnight Central Standard Time October 5th will receive a 50% reimbursement.
All cancellation notifications received thereafter are 100% non-refundable. Deposits are not refundable. All payments made toward this retreat implies one's agreement to the above cancellation policy and terms.
Single Occupancy: $2450 USD
Double Occupancy: $2200 USD
- Bookings can be payed via: paypal.me/jillmpalmer or here on Wix. Wix charges 5% on bookings verses paypal's 2.99%
- Your place can be reserved with a $1000 downpayment or complete payment. Full payment must be completed by September 5th, 2023
- Booking closes September 5th, 2023
- 8 people maximum